• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

will these caps work in a typical zouave rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Zouave for a while. It came with both a nipple for a musket cap and a nipple for #11 caps. These nipples were bored for blanks and were self cocking due to the large flash hole. I think the purpose for my inexpensive Zouave was to be a blank firing replica although it was rifled. The nipples were soon replaced. I sold the rifle to someone who wanted it for American Civil War Reenacting.

Yes, all three of my Navy Arms guns came with both nipples with holes in them large enough to ....well, large. But that was the "idea of the times" to get reliable ignition. Going back to half-cock after each shot, even the mild loads.

Boring out the flash hole in a nipple is a bandaid fix for other problems like poor cleaning and improper maintenance. It also guarantees the very situation that got CCI sued in the first place by blowback throwing cap fragments in the shooter's face. IMO, CCI should have stood their ground instead of caving.

Boring out the flash hole in a nipple is a bandaid fix for other problems like poor cleaning and improper maintenance. It also guarantees the very situation that got CCI sued in the first place by blowback throwing cap fragments in the shooter's face. IMO, CCI should have stood their ground instead of caving.
the powder puff fairy that sued them should be used as a target at a match

Actually, most Zouave muskets use musket caps. At least all the ones i have seen. But i may be wrong. I tought i was wrong once before but i was mistaken. lol
I have owned my Zouave for about three months. It came with a small nipple that used a number 11 cap. After five or six good cleaning after that many trips to the range, the nipple BLEW out. Turned out it was a 7mm nipple in a 8mm musket hole! Now I use a musket nipple.

I have owned my Zouave for about three months. It came with a small nipple that used a number 11 cap. After five or six good cleaning after that many trips to the range, the nipple BLEW out. Turned out it was a 7mm nipple in a 8mm musket hole! Now I use a musket nipple.
yes some genius replaced the musket cap with a No 11 cap and not even the right thread pattern. to bad another guy would have seen your rifle and told you it should have a musket nipple. then you would have gotten a 7MM nipple

My first muzzle loader was a Zoli Zouave, bought new in the box, from Mike Yeck at the 1969 N-SSA Fall National. It came with a musket cap nipple installed and a # 11 nipple screwed into a threaded hole in the patch box. I never used the # 11 nipple.

Back