• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why is this Baker Different?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpl.Parker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me why this "Nock" made Baker Rifle is different than others I have seen? It isn't your usual Baker. Thanks

lg10henrynockth1.png

nock3aaazg0.jpg

nock10aaanx1.jpg

nock21aaajl2.jpg

Since the gun has no patch box; no bayonet attachment for the sword bayonet; no "GR" & crown and no "broad arrow" government stamp on the lock, I'd have to put this gun as a private purchase or possibly militia purchase outside the normal Ordnance Board ordering system. The number on the butt plate tang suggests the latter explaination since it is probably a 'rack number'. Perhaps someone has a better guess! :winking:

Latest posts

Back