• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why are Uberti pistol boxes so flimsy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here Aldo's outfit makes these wonderful reproduction revolvers -- which have gotten even better over time -- and yet Uberti continues to ship their revolvers in the flimsiest cardboard boxes I have had the misfortune to encounter. Just look at them wrong and the folds tear. It's as if the cardboard was brittle. Reminds me a bit of the cardboard that came from China 20 years ago, although that stuff also smelled vaguely of dog pee -- a charge I do not make against Uberti. I wonder what it would take to get them to improve the quality of their packaging cardboard, which I don't believe has changed in 30 or more years. Not a big thing, but why not use packaging that reflects the high quality of the contents? And yes, I would pay a dollar more. 😄

Here Aldo's outfit makes these wonderful reproduction revolvers -- which have gotten even better over time -- and yet Uberti continues to ship their revolvers in the flimsiest cardboard boxes I have had the misfortune to encounter. Just look at them wrong and the folds tear. It's as if the cardboard was brittle. Reminds me a bit of the cardboard that came from China 20 years ago, although that stuff also smelled vaguely of dog pee -- a charge I do not make against Uberti. I wonder what it would take to get them to improve the quality of their packaging cardboard, which I don't believe has changed in 30 or more years. Not a big thing, but why not use packaging that reflects the high quality of the contents? And yes, I would pay a dollar more. 😄

It just shows how easy life is in this country when we can complain about the quality of cardboard that our guns are ship to our door step. :D:D

I totally agree - they are pee poor at best. I save all my gun boxes and paperwork. I purchased a Uberti Walker Colt and an engraved 1858 Remington, and both of the boxes were all banged up. I had to reinforce both boxes with packing tape so that they did not fall apart. Looking at the boxes when they arived I thought that the revolvers were going to be damaged - luckily, they were not.

No one suggested this was important in the sustenance of human life. But when you receive a new product from Midway or some other vendor and it arrives in a carton that is falling apart before you even open it, one would think the manufacturer would make a simple alteration. No other manufacturer or firearms of airguns that I know of is so unconcerned with the quality of the packaging. It is also worth noting that, should you wish to trade or sell your Uberti or any other firearm, a common question from potential buyers is, do you still have the box.

No one suggested this was important in the sustenance of human life. But when you receive a new product from Midway or some other vendor and it arrives in a carton that is falling apart before you even open it, one would think the manufacturer would make a simple alteration. No other manufacturer or firearms of airguns that I know of is so unconcerned with the quality of the packaging. It is also worth noting that, should you wish to trade or sell your Uberti or any other firearm, a common question from potential buyers is, do you still have the box.
They may ask for the box but I've never had them pay more for one.

I think that those who obsess over the box the firearm comes in need to possibly rethink why? it is a box. The idea that the box somehow makes the firearm more valuable has always eluded me. I would not pay squat for a box. Just one mans opinion. That being said, my new Pietta from midway arrived yesterday and tha packing was excellent and the box was quite nice. There was a "packing" box, packing paper, then the Pietta Manuf. Box jacket,, then the internal box that was compartmentalized Styrofoam. All in all, a nice set up.

Attachments

• New Pietta 1858 remington 12 .JPG
    New Pietta 1858 remington 12 .JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • New Pietta 1858 remington 14 .JPG
    New Pietta 1858 remington 14 .JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • New Pietta 1858 remington 16 .JPG
    New Pietta 1858 remington 16 .JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
Cimmaron does a fair job
But I am amazed at the packaging some companies go to, A snack pack of flavored biscuits and a college degree is required to open. Don't get me started on medical items
I saved the Cimmaron box mine came in just in case some buyer someday wants it. But it came pretty beat up as the OP states.

It just shows how easy life is in this country when we can complain about the quality of cardboard that our guns are ship to our door step. :D:D
OMG, that is so true! It is a friggin box! Who cares! i know I don't. I certainly would not pay more for a firearm I was purchasing because it had a cardboard box!

Back