• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where have you sent your lock for repair?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've sent a few to Brad at Cabin Creek. He does great work, so that’s where I was going to send this one. I learned today that he does not do mule ears!
6C1E9B5D-70DC-4FA9-A3FB-A45DD2AF75E5.jpeg08794EE7-7110-4FD2-9337-E636606BEC9E.jpeg

I have heard that Tom at Log Cabin Shop also does repair on antique locks. I've tried calling them a few times today, but the phone just rings and rings.

Excluding these two shops, who else has done good work on your antique locks?

Jeff Miller [email protected] just did a new main spring for me on an original dueling pistol.

It took him a few months to get the new one made, which was not a problem.

I sent him the lock and broken spring. The new spring was almost twice as wide as the original. I had to do quite a bit of grinding to get the spring down to the right size. It is still too strong and needs to be thinned some more.

Not complaining, just did not expect it to be that far off of the original.

I would not hesitate to use him again.

Fleener

Back