• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a little time in the shop today so I got the barrel tang and lock panel moldings drawn in and the one side shaped. It’s starting to look like a gun I might like.

Attachments

• IMG_2127.jpeg
    IMG_2127.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Info and photos of Kibler’s Fowler
for all interested.

Fowler photos and info from Jim Kibler’s pre-order email addressed to those that have previously expressed interest.

Kit Details
  • Styling from the 1760's - 1770's
  • Based on smooth bores produced in England and exported to the Colonies during this time period. These were often sold at general stores and were some of the most common firearms of the period.
  • Classic English Design
  • Perfect gun for re-enactors
  • Available in 16 or 20 gauge (20 gauge is recommended for shooting round ball)
  • Length of pull is 13 5/8"
  • Overall length is about 60"
  • Set-up for a single trigger
  • Includes a thin-walled and light weight 3-Stage Barrel - round forward section followed by a shorter round section of larger diameter and finally an octagon breech. The front sight and pre-drilled underlugs will be soldered onto the barrel. No rear sight.
  • Kibler's highly dependable and fast, CNC Round-Faced English Flintlock
  • Brass hardware including a relief cast thumb piece.
  • CNC machined stock for extremely close tolerances and fine surface finish, embellished with a relief shell carving around the tang, as well as relief lock moldings and beaver tails.
  • Walnut stock wood is encouraged, however, it will also be available in maple and cherry.
  • All holes drilled in the stock.
  • Minimal work required for part fitting.
  • Breech plug is fully machined and shaped.
  • Comes with all parts necessary to complete.
  • Right-handed only at this time.
  • A very precise and well-designed kit with beautiful lines and styling
These are not yet available to the general public but are for informational purposes on when the kits are available to all.
Enjoy,
Snoot

Attachments

• IMG_4049.jpeg
    IMG_4049.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4058.jpeg
    IMG_4058.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4057.jpeg
    IMG_4057.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4056.jpeg
    IMG_4056.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4055.jpeg
    IMG_4055.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4054.jpeg
    IMG_4054.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4052.jpeg
    IMG_4052.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4051.jpeg
    IMG_4051.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4050.jpeg
    IMG_4050.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mr. James Kibler, the great enabler!
Well, I succumbed. And I was on the Fowler list. Weak as a was I pulled the trigger on a Kibler Fowler in 20 gauge.
It can’t be helped, I am hopelessly enamored with flintlocks and already have his Colonial and love it.
He states shipped to commence in about 1 month. My bride has given full approval, no need to hide the crate. She is better than gold. To say I’m excited is an understatement. Will keep everyone updated on the project!
Snoot
I didn’t know there was a wait list yet! Congratulations.

I didn’t know there was a wait list yet! Congratulations.
Only for those that had contacted him for interest in the gun. Not a waiting list for the general public at this time but I thought that due to the great interest, I’d put the photos and info that Bree sent to those on the list.
Thanks TDM!

Disassembled and cleaned the lock on a Spanish import percussion rifle. I am underwhelmed by the quality of materials and workmanship. Since this was the first muzzleloader lock I've ever worked on, that's saying something. It's giving me some problems with reassembly, but I'll get it figured out.
And I put a coat of BLO on the stock. It'll never be pretty, but I'm using it as a learning experience.

Congratulations on your Zouave! They were used by Union troops, made by Remington as the Model 1863, also called the Harpers Ferry Patent rifle. And yes, only a little over 12,000 were made.
It came today! My new .58 cal 'Remington 1863 Contract Rifle' (Zouave). Can't wait to shoot this at the weekend! The Gun Room at Chateau Harrison is starting to look impressive...

Attachments

• IMG_20240516_120152.jpg
    IMG_20240516_120152.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I think I am about done. I will remove some more wood from the forestock but that’s about all, then begin with the staining and varnishing.
I’m a bit exhausted with this project but glad I took it on. I have learned a lot with it, and hopefully this .62 rifle will be a nice shooter

Attachments

• IMG_2145.jpeg
    IMG_2145.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I think I am about done. I will remove some more wood from the forestock but that’s about all, then begin with the staining and varnishing.
I’m a bit exhausted with this project but glad I took it on. I have learned a lot with it, and hopefully this .62 rifle will be a nice shooter
I’m looking forward to seeing that rifle once your done with the finish, beautiful job!

Back