• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went turkey hunt in mtn

Attachments

• 20240418_080557.jpg
    20240418_080557.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I made my CVA Mountain Rifle double set trigger a single by taking the rear trigger off and drilling a new hole for the front trigger pivot pin further back:
View attachment 313509

View attachment 313511

AND TO SHOW HOW THE TRIGGER LOOKS NOW IN THE RIFLE:
View attachment 313513
I like it my only problem is I'am to anal and couldn't ignore the empty holes in the trigger plate when installed and would end up welding them shut or looking for a single trigger plate i think the St. Louis hawken is a single trigger with a long plate? or possibly the hawken hunter

I like it my only problem is I'am to anal and couldn't ignore the empty holes in the trigger plate when installed and would end up welding them shut or looking for a single trigger plate i think the St. Louis hawken is a single trigger with a long plate? or possibly the hawken hunter
Well I've got both of those models and they are doubles. But cva did make a few singles "unicorns" no rhyme or reason.

Not exactly today. On Sunday we had some friends over for lunch after church. He had picked up a TC tree hawk at a local auction for 50 bucks! He told me to get it all dialed in with my boys. Then he wants to come over and have my boys teach him how to shoot it!!

Not exactly today. On Sunday we had some friends over for lunch after church. He had picked up a TC tree hawk at a local auction for 50 bucks! He told me to get it all dialed in with my boys. Then he wants to come over and have my boys teach him how to shoot it!!
That's some now isn't it. He is going to pay more for powder and caps than he paid for the rifle. Good deal

Hello Friends, well the weather is finally going to give me a chance to burn some homemade powder. I hope it’s as good as it looks.
I’m getting packed for tomorrow with and old gun and a new one.
In 1996 I bought the Uberti 2nd model Dragoon, pictured in the attached photo on the right. I decided back then, to fancy up the grips just a bit with some inlay. I have shot that revolver a bunch. Then when I retired in 2022, I bought myself another Uberti Dragoon. The new one kept crying for some special treatment too. Well here they are, a brace for slightly “blinged up” Big Dragoons waiting for tomorrow’s target shoot.
BTW That photo was just begging to be taken as I started to pack up. Thanks for indulging me.

Attachments

• IMG_3763.jpeg
    IMG_3763.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Back