• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pick up the Zoli Zouave from Gunsmith. Had decided to improve the rear sight sight to something adjustable, more like the Enfield.
Struggled with why an 1863 rifle would have worse sights than an 1861. Anyway..... Martini Cadet did the job. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_5548.jpg
    IMG_5548.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5547.jpg
    IMG_5547.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5546.jpg
    IMG_5546.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
Stock and barrel tennons drilled and temporarily pinned. Much work left to do on the old CVA 45.

View attachment 275352
Rifle is looking good. I shoot one myself. Maybe its the camera angle but it appears as if you need to address the nipple/hammer area. It appears to be hitting the back side of the hammer. Since CVA's have a fixed bolster I doubt you can roll the bolster. Probably going to need to heat and bend the hammer into place.

Shot at my clubs December shoot. Was supposed to rain so I took my old T/C Hawkin. This gun was my first muzzleloader I bought new in the early 80's. It still shoots good! Thanks @Terrier for the photos!

View attachment 275386

I’ve got those same moccasin’s…🤣

4DFB99FD-03F2-441B-814F-98DC635C076F.jpeg

Built these two little priming horns. Nothing in the picture for size scale but the longer one is actually only about five inches long. Fun evening project since it is dark early and below zero out lately when I finally get home from work. Figured the larger one would be useful when just shooting and not so much for hunting and such. The smaller one is going in my fowler bag attached with a thong so it just rides inside until I need to pull it out easily. It should hold enough powder that I definitely will not need to fill it very often!😂

My wife and I were relaxing watching the TV the other night and she noticed I had been watching a bunch of YouTube videos on making a Kibler long rifle. She ended up watching a few then stated "you could do that" and after discussing the cost and how nice they looked, said "why don't you order one"! No argument from me! So I made a call and Friday morning I ordered a Colonial , 58 cal smooth bore with a very nice stock that had a few blemishes that I can work out. And it looks like it will be here before Christmas! I don't think she will let me open it until Christmas morning! Merry Christmas
My wife did something similar. I was talking about how much I liked my Woodsrunner and she said how about I get you a new Kibler for Christmas. I didn’t put up much of a fight. LOL. I ordered an SMR In Walnut a few weeks ago. Getting a bit nervous about getting it by Christmas. Contacted Kibler last week and was told it will ship “soon”! I’m not sure what “soon” means but I’ll give it another day or two and give Kibler another shout.

Attachments

• 20231210_080256.jpg
    20231210_080256.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I’m obliged to @Flint for the video. I was at the same shoot yesterday. Really fun shoot.

We had the option to shoot the buff’ler from the “horse” and get extra points if you did. Five points for just getting on! I collected my five points (with a miss) and then took the next two shots on my feet.

There was a variety of targets and activities that made for an interesting and fun shoot. It was at a historical 1780s fort location, and that added to to coolness.

My wife did something similar. I was talking about how much I liked my Woodsrunner and she said how about I get you a new Kibler for Christmas. I didn’t put up much of a fight. LOL. I ordered an SMR In Walnut a few weeks ago. Getting a bit nervous about getting it by Christmas. Contacted Kibler last week and was told it will ship “soon”! I’m not sure what “soon” means but I’ll give it another day or two and give Kibler another shout.
I'm sure you will get it! Maybe with enough time for that big box to get wrapped up with a big bow and under the tree!

Back