• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is intent here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this rifle for sale. Looks like someone replaced original barrel with a Green Mountain .50 barrel. But for some reason, the drum has been moved farther back and the original drum hole plugged? And last inch of breech looks like a whole new piece. Guess the breechplug must be counterbored like on a CVA rifle. Not sure why all this would have been done.

1702836867042.png

Hack quality work, the person who did this has no clue or is evil? Being charitable maybe they are just a moron? The drum does not fit the lock plate. The drum appears to have some kind of washer under it. The patent breech does not fit the barrel. The plugged drum hole is idiotic. The tang was not fitted to the stock. I would bet that the chances of decent plug to barrel thread fit are about zero. IT is absolutely unsafe to fire.

Making and selling junk like this sets a person up to lose a lawsuit when the plug lobotomizes the shooter or the drum kills a bystander. Manslaughter?, Involuntary manslaughter", reckless endangerment? I am sure a lawyer would have a field day.

Sure , many of us did horrible work when were were young and learning. Selling that junk is crazy.

"Run-Forrest-Run".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back