• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what are you proud of the most?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm most proud of the next gun I'm going to build because in my mind it is perfect until it has suffered my butchering attempts!

Of the guns I've built, I'm most proud of my T/C Hawken .54 percussion. Strange answer, but that's because I built it 23 years ago having never held a black powder rifle in my hands or even shot one. It's ugly, poorly built and shoots great. I guess I'm proud of it because it got me into this hobby and I've never looked back.

When I finish my current build, it's going straight to the shop wall to serve as a reminder of how not to do things!

Cheers,
Chowmi

I'm proud of the fact I'm making progress in gun making and not stopping because I'm afraid to screw it up.

I can shoot something I make and I'm proud of the flaws.

People slave away at work for countless extras hours into the night to afford perfection or the illusion of it.

I'm happy to make rough spots, less than perfect inlets, and slight crooked lines at home in my free time.

I got nobody to blame but me. My perfect gun is only in my head....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is "perfect" on this earth, but attempting to achieve it is always a worthwhile endeavor.

Being proud of the flaws in a build isn't what I would call an attitude conducive to improving one's work. But...whatever satisfies, go w/ it.....Fred

Back