• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Well deserved plug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a compliment on the service and products supplied by Muzzleloader Builders Supply {Idaho} and Rice BBL Co. on recent orders. Placed the order w/ MBS and 2 days later rec'd the package and everything was accounted for and of the highest quality and the York 46" bbl from Rice arrived 3 days after placing the order and the bbl was the best I've ever rec'd from any bbl co. The Plug was breeched properly, the bore is excellent and the outside finish truly doesn't need any work whatsoever. TOW has given similar delivery and quality of parts as of a few months ago. Amazing to say the least in this day and age....Fred

I too received a good sized order from MBS a couple weeks ago. I was very happy with the service and products recieved. :thumbsup:

As far as Rice, I ordered a barrel from Jason back in the middle of Feb, and asked if they would bring it to the York shoot at the end of March. It was there waiting for me, and I was also very happy with the product. :thumbsup:

Both will be getting more of my business in the future :hatsoff:

I just ordered a Reading Co. barrel from Rice, they had it in stock, and will ship it out on Tuesday. :grin:

I just had to revive this one....

Last Friday night I was working on putting a nosecap on one of my projects, The last couple I got seemed pretty shallow ramrod to bottom flat. I didn't like how it looked so I dug through my parts drawer and found one in brass that fit great and looked great. Only problem is I am doing Iron. So After some thought I remembered I got it from MBS a few years ago. So I emailed them with what I was looking for, (got a response that evening sometime) and it was explained that the new ones are resold and made by another manuf. However they were thinking of making them again because the were getting a good bit of requests for the ones they origionally made, and If I would like they can put one togeteher for me from their pattern. So I said sure. I will take a few of them. He said he would try to get to them Monday. I wasn't expecting to see them until sometime next week. I was quite impressed to see them in the mail box yesterday, they fit just like I was expecting.

It is pretty rare to find a place that will setup and run a couple parts off. usually you will get they (It's not worth my time untill I have 100 ordered or something like that in which case, you might see it then end of summer) I relaize that if you have tooling to make these, it is pretty quick, but I am still impressed :hatsoff:

So there is another well deserved plug for MBS

I agree too. Everything I've received from them has been top notch. And the couple of times they needed to backorder, they kept me up to date and shipped it out ASAP. :thumbsup:

Capt. Fred said:
And the couple of times they needed to backorder, they kept me up to date and shipped it out ASAP. :thumbsup:

Aint that refreshing!

One of the bigtime outdoor box stores (I'll leave the name out, but the first three letters are Cab) has gotten REALLY bad the other way. They backorder stuff even when their site sezz it's in stock. And "expecting it in the next few days" has meant anywhere from 3 to 5 months delivery time. I canceled one backorder recently, but I had to cancel it three times to finally get it to stick. The aggravation isn't worth the few pennies I might save buying from them. They've seen the last of me.

thanks for the 'heads up,' BrownBear... I always had a feelong that they were more into making money than helping the BP community.

just one guy's opinion...

The companys you mentioned along with Dixie and Powder Inc. and Log Cabin, all deal with those of us who do things "the old way" and they do business "the old way". Not as so many modern companys do today, just after a quick profit with no concern for repeat business! :hmm: I truely believe in doing repeat business with good companys over trying to find things "cheaper". It is less costly in the end to deal with good companys. :rotf:

Back