• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD UPDATED OFFER: Frontier Carbine 50 Cal, composite CVA/Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
$205 shipped. I will accept trades, negotiations and general commentary/palavering. DM me with what you have.

Buy this gun and a complete set of stock parts and extra sights I have listed for $70 more ($275 shipped) for an even better bargain: FOR SALE - CVA parts, stock, lock, CVA sight set, PACKAGE DEAL

What you see is what you get. This is a composite gun made from a CVA Frontier Carbine barrel with brass hardware and a Traditions Deerhunter plastic stock.

Lock is in excellent shape as is the stock. There has been a button tang installed to match the barrel in place of the hook style that was there. Small gap on tang.

Barrel is at best ok. 24" length, 1:48" twist. Please look at pictures and do understand that endoscope pictures do bring out the worse. I believe that this barrel can be cleaned and polished out to make a shooter out of it. It feels smooth to patch, but as you can see there will be a couple of spots at the muzzle that will be pitted. No nipple installed, haven't tried cleanout screw and NO ramrod. With some scrubbing and polishing it would make for a decent loaner. I have brushed with hot soapy water and then oiled the barrel. The rust lines you see are in the grooves...lands look acceptable and are the dark.

It is what it is and that is all that it is (to misquote Popeye)

IN MY DEFENSE, I HAVE BEEN LEFT UNSUPERVISED!

name.jpg

frontier5.jpgfrontier4.jpgfrontier3.jpgfrontier2.jpgfrontier1.jpg

Below is a MUZZLE pic

bore5x.JPGbore4x.JPGbore3x.JPGbore2x.JPG

Last edited:
Back