• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Twelve Apostles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkvd

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All

Wanted to see if anyone can recommend
a maker here in the U.S. that sells the
chargers,flask,bandolier? I have been
told about a site called Tattershall Arms
but any advice would be appreciated.

Rob

here is a site i ran across, i hope it helps: www.oldsutlerjohn.net or try:eek:ldsutlerjohn.biz/2html there is a problem with this link the site is up and usable, you can try: leather- oldsutlerjohn with google or yahoo, i have it booked marked so i do not knowhow to post the direct link, at least i tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to search the Pre-Flintlock forum. I don't go there often myself but I'm pretty sure I have seen this question and it answered there in the past for Matchlock shooters looking for them.

Old Sutler John does make them (and reasonably well too), Check them out at the bottom of This Web Page you will see them. I own a set of his, and a set from the UK. The Sutler John ones are larger, but not comically so. I think they are a great option if you are looking for an American maker.

thanks that is the web site i was trying to get a link too, i hope others enjoy :thumbsup:

http://www.sykesutler.com/musket2.htm

bandlier.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
...and in the "whatever-it's-worth" column, the number of "Apostles" (call them what you will), varied widely. Mostly this was due to loss and usage but often was dependent on the actual bore of the musket. Though not a set rule, many musketeers seemed to go with the 12 for a 12 bore, 10 for a 10, etc. concept.

The period specification is always wood and yet the metal detectorists keep finding cast lead apostle caps. Of course the wooden ones rotted away but there are an awful lot of the other, I have about ten and I don't even collect the durned things :rotf:

Sorry to be late to this thread but I have an 11 Apostle one. Why 11, I don't know but Syke Sutler made it for me years ago and its just been hanging on the wall. It has one meant for priming powder. The leather can be dyed. Anybody care to make an offer? When I get dressed up I'm in US Civil War or cowboy clothes. When I shoot matchlocks or gonnes I'm just at the range.
apostle_s.jpg

Here's a link to
higher res image.

Back