• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Turkey Box calls for sale or trade......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just made a group of 13 box calls for myself, my brothers and a few select friends. I picked out the 9 calls that I thought sounded best and I have these 4 left over. Calls #1-3 (from the left in photo 1) sound like turkeys and call #4 isn't quite there yet. In fairness, I've spent almost zero time tuning these calls or trying to figure out what the issue is since I had all of the calls I needed which sounded great right off the bench. To tune, I tweak the hinge screw in or out at 1/8 turn over and over until I find the sweet spot, then I also sand the radius of the sound rails and round over the tops of the sound rails. Sometimes just a few minutes takes them from mediocre to really great calls. At worst, they're all hand built and I think they look kind of cool, but I'm acknowledging up front that they may not "scream" just yet and will require some attention to tuning.

I'll sell them for $40 each, delivered within CONUS or I'll trade any or all of them for muzzleloading supplies of comparable value shipped to me. Specifically, I can always use round balls, Buffalo ball-ets or similar bullets for slow twist barrels (I have .36, .40, .45, .50, 54 and will soon have a .58, so I'm not choosy about ball sizes), would trade for FFg or FFFg powder to anyone who wants to meet me near my home to swap (I won't encourage nor will I accept powder shipped to me), could use a shot flask or bag and I'm always looking for interesting pouches, horns, etc. etc..

From the left, call 1 in top photo is cherry base and striker over American chestnut sound rails, call 2 is black walnut striker and base with poplar sound rails, 3 is cherry striker and base with hickory sound rails and 4 is walnut striker and base and curly ash sound rails. If anyone wants them and is paying cash, I can accept Paypal (would prefer friends/family) and I'd appreciate a day or three to get them shipped out as I need to find some boxes and bubble wrap before I can do so.
Calls 1.jpgCalls 2.jpgCalls 3.jpg

I actually just ran them again and #4 does sound like a turkey. Needs some tweaking, but it's almost there. Any of the 4 would kill a bird on the right day and if used properly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back