• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions "Crockett Rifle".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortstart

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anybody had experience with this rifle? I have a chance to pick one up very cheaply. It's in partially finished kit form. I have heard some horror stories about Tradition's rifles blowing up. Supposedly they were all inlines and had been overloaded with loads recommended by the distributor.
I thought that a "32" might be fun to play with but not at the risk of getting maimed for my trouble.
Any advice or info gratefully accepted as usual.

I would snatch it up if "cheap". They regulary go built in good shape for near $400.00 on GB +/-

I like mine alot. All ya need is 15 grains and the squirrel head explodes. Its not gonna blow up unless ya use smokeless powder then its highly likely. Use 3f real bp or a sub and you'll be quite happy. :thumbsup:

I bought a .50 cal Kentucky kit, built it and had a great time with it. I've only heard good things about Traditions kits. Mine isn't the same as your crocket, but I've built two traditions kits and both work great, and I love mine. I'll be buying a flintlock kit from them in the near future.

The Crockett is a nice looking, strong and extremely accurate small game rifle. Mine was capable of sub 1" groups at 40-50 yards.

Back