• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Traditions 1842 Springfield Smoothbore + Bayonet + Scabbard + Goodies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t.emard

36 Cl.
Reaction score
For sale is a brand new, never shot Traditions 1842 Springfield, smoothbore. You can't find any brand in stock anywhere, and finding one new with a bayonet that fits? What do you think this is, 2009? Forget about it! It's got a gorgeous grain in the wood, and what more is there to say? It's an awesome musket!

I have the brand new bayonet which yes, actually fits. It comes with a brand new scabbard as well.

I also have about 60 .665 roundballs, plus the Jefferson arsenal starter kit with pre-cut paper, forming dowel, etc.

I also have a tin of caps! Just for you!

In other words, I have everything you need to go to the range immediately, short of powder itself. It's the best deal you're going to find this side of Covid. Price is firm, no trades. Heck you'd pay just as much from a sutler, without all the extras!

$1,500 plus shipping. I accept USPS Money Order. I only have the one, when it's gone, it's gone.

EDIT: Price drop, $1,400.

20240128_133813.jpg

Attachments

• 20240128_133840.jpg
    20240128_133840.jpg
    973.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240128_133834.jpg
    20240128_133834.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240128_133818.jpg
    20240128_133818.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For sale is a brand new, never shot 1842 Springfield, smoothbore. You can't find any brand in stock anywhere, and finding one new with a bayonet that fits? What do you think this is, 2009? Forget about it! It's got a gorgeous grain in the wood, and what more is there to say? It's an awesome musket!

I have the brand new bayonet which yes, actually fits. It comes with a brand new scabbard as well.

I also have about 60 .665 roundballs, plus the Jefferson arsenal starter kit with pre-cut paper, forming dowel, etc.

In other words, I have everything you need to go to the range immediately, short of powder itself. It's the best deal you're going to find this side of Covid. Price is firm, no trades. Heck you'd pay just as much from a sutler, without all the extras!

$1,500 plus shipping. I accept USPS Money Order. I only have the one, when it's gone, it's gone.

View attachment 289492
Who is the manufacturer?

If you remove the barrel, you'll find an Armi Sport logo embossed on the bottom of the barrel. Armi SPort is owned by Chiappa. Not sure why they are being sold as Traditions, they were Armi Sport for 20 years?

For sale is a brand new, never shot Traditions 1842 Springfield, smoothbore. You can't find any brand in stock anywhere, and finding one new with a bayonet that fits? What do you think this is, 2009? Forget about it! It's got a gorgeous grain in the wood, and what more is there to say? It's an awesome musket!

View attachment 289492
Didn't know Traditions marketed these! Nice.

View attachment 289492
Ah, I understand. I mean if anything, it showcases how good of a deal this one is.

By the by. Price drop, $1,400.
Please contact me about your musket.

View attachment 289492
I will take it for $1,400.
Contact me about details for the transaction.

Check your inbox bud.

Check your inbox bud.
Sent you a couple of messages with my name, address, phone number, etcthat may not be getting through. May be some kind of problem on my end. Still want the musket.
Check your inbox bud.
Still want the musket.
Sent you a couple of messages with my address and contact information, etc. that may not be getting through for some reason. May be some kind of trouble on my end, who knows.

Back