• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tradegun ramrod pipes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smk50

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could find ramrod pipes for a NW trade gun, only in steel/iron, instead of brass? I know it isnt entirely correct, but I like iron.

Take some sheet metal like you'd find in an old car door and make them by bending around a drill bit. You'll make a 90 degree bend on each end to create a tab on each side, then use a vice, hammer and drill bit to form it so that the tabs come together. When you've got it shaped use a triangular file to cut the ribs in. These are not as deep on originals as you'd think. Just cut grooves with the file and then smooth out the edges. You can do this will sheet metal or sheet brass. Its really pretty easy.

Sean

Make them 1/32" larger than the size ya want, much easier to get the RR in & out.

Look at Ted Cash' website again. They are offered in brass or iron/steel.

While I am no expert on the NWT gun, I believe if you examine originals, they will not have grooves filed down into the pipes surface but raised designs from the surface impressed from both front and back using a male/female stamp or rolling mill like the Cash ones are made.

Latest posts

Back