• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tom Fuller flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike alexandre

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Some of us in the UK are having a problem contacting the new owner of TF flints. If there is a supplier in the US or individual who is dealing with him/them would you please PM me with a contact phone number or address. Alternatively some news as to whether they still exist or wish to deal with flinters on this side of the pond would be apprieciated. Many thanks.

Try:[url] http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(imeh4m45ukv5vuzbs01bhw45))/index.aspx[/url]
I just purchased TF flints from them.
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
i recently purchased 24 of the 5/8" Tom Fuller gun flints from TOW at a $1.25 each,out of the 24, 16 of them shattered on the first or second shot,beyond use.do you think i just got a bad batch or is my lock too strong or what.either way i wont be buying anymore,i'll stick with the ones i got from Mr. Rich Pierce.i got 3dz of them for $21.00 and am still useing the first one.

Thanks Pete, but that would mean flints being exported from the UK to the US to then be sold back to us and shipped over from the US. :shake:

www.cainsoutdoor.com

i ordered 12 for my cva and love them! Im on my second flint now but still have life on the very first one and that one has 60 shots on it! Had to hunt on a new flint just to make sure :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you guys in the UK should get some raw flint and study the method a bit and take a try at making your own it is not difficult at all and you have the raw material there...just a though, it would not take long for anyone to pick up on the method and make either flints or spauls.

I have spoken with the folks at both TOW & the Gun Doctor who sell a lot of Tom Fuller's flints on this side of the pond. The story from each is that Tom has retired to the Med. & that an apprentice (no name given) has taken over the business. Seems that Tom did most of the shipping, accounts & dealing with the public & that the new owner has a bit too much on his plate at the moment. It sounds like we may have to live with a temp. delay in the supply line and that going to a wholesale only order policy may be a possibility. Sounds like a job opportunity in England for a BP shooter with some office/stockroom skills.

PS - if you get the job, a few #6s, 7s & 9s would be welcome!

Thanks Coot. Some positive advise there. If I lived anywhere near this set up I would invite myself for a cup of rosie lea and make the offer but unfortuneately I dont.

Hi Mike,
It was great to meet you in Cape Town on the Dark Continent.
I just got a parcel of flints from Henry Krank. AT LONG LAST. Some Post Office worker in SA stole our previous parcel. :cursing: Probably thought it was diamonds on the scanner. Around 400 pounds sterling of Flints is laying in a dusty street somewhere. In SA we were without flints for months. :shake: :shake: No Good!!

Hi Christiaan. Good to meet you too, havent had a chance to get the Kodiac mould going yet as we've still got one more .451 match left at the end of Oct. Will try then. Thanks for the update on the flints - will PM you. Brgds Mike

Christiaan. Had the Kodiac mould under the pot tonight. Its a delight to use and produces a very good looking bullet. I'll lube and size some this week if the weather is bad but it will be beginning of Nov before I can shoot it. Mike

Hi Christiaan. Yes I've tried the sights and I'm getting along with them very well. I'm starting an agency in the UK to sell Mike Nuemans sights and have had a few inquiries already. Rgds Mike

Its not dumb at all, but where I can deal directly with the source as opposed to incuring exta costs then I will.

justmike said:
Thanks Pete, but that would mean flints being exported from the UK to the US to then be sold back to us and shipped over from the US. :shake:

So now you understand one cause of the American Revolution. Brittish America was forced to export all its goods to England and then Brittish Americans were forced to import the goods they wanted from England.

I spoke with the folks at Track of the Wolf today & they have just recieved a shipment of Tom Fuller flints. The TOW website now shows TF flints in stock. Hopefully the new owner of Tom Fuller Flints will be with us for a long time!

Latest posts

Back