• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

to carry a sea service pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownbess67

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello (sorry my english), Im new in a reenactment group, sailors/privateers from the 1790-1820 era. Does anybody can tell me the right way to carry a sea service flintlock pistol ?, it hasnt got the hook.
Thanks !

Stuffed into your belt----or. if you've got a pair, try tying the triggerguards together with a length twine, to hang around your neck, ready to use.

Rod

If your pockets are big enough you can stuff one or two in each pocket. Once reference I read referred to an individual that carried a "donkey load" of pistols and he states himself that he carried several pistols in his greatcoat and other pockets.

In your hand, all sailors arms were stowed in lockers or racks until you were beat to quarters and then only upper deck men or boarders were armed everyone else was way too involved in other work . :)

Back