• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TN/KY Rifle Show, Knoxville, TN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The 46th annual Tennessee/Kentucky Rifle Show is coming up April 19-20 at the Jubilee Banquet Facility, exit 110 off I-75 north of Knoxville, TN. , then west about 1 mile on the left. $10. entrance fee.
I think it is a good show. I miss it sometimes, but in general I have been attending for years. I plan to be there Friday the 19th.
Original antique rifles, contemporary rifles, knives, horns, bags, etc.

I was thinking on driving up from Middle GA but I saw this on the Contemporary Makers website:

"This is a collectors’ meeting and is not promoted to the general public. We welcome all those who are interested in the preservation of the American long rifle."

I was hoping this would be a show with vendors with kits, parts, etc for sale, like Jim Chambers, Jim Kibler, etc Would like to see and perhaps handle some to the kits before purchase. Have I missed the point of this show? If it's a display for collectors I'll have to wait until next year. Thanks in advance for clarification.

Joe B

I was thinking on driving up from Middle GA but I saw this on the Contemporary Makers website:

"This is a collectors’ meeting and is not promoted to the general public. We welcome all those who are interested in the preservation of the American long rifle."

I was hoping this would be a show with vendors with kits, parts, etc for sale, like Jim Chambers, Jim Kibler, etc Would like to see and perhaps handle some to the kits before purchase. Have I missed the point of this show? If it's a display for collectors I'll have to wait until next year. Thanks in advance for clarification.

Joe B
It is mainly a show of old, original longrifles, however there are some vendors selling their wares; things such as powderhorns and shot pouches, and there may or may not be some parts vendors. There are also some contemporary muzzleloaders for sale. I don't recall ever seeing any kits for sale at this show.
In past years I have bought a new-made southern banded powderhorn and also a left-hand flintlock Lancaster style rifle at this show. Custom lefty rifles are very scarce, and I usually only find one or two, and often none at this show. But mostly this show is all about antique muzzleloaders.
It is a long drive up from middle Georgia, so whether or not it is worth the trip only you can decide. If you are just looking for kits or parts, I think I would skip it.

I just looked at the flier for this event on the CLA and ALR sites and did not see anything stating that this event was not open to the public. It does say there is a $10 entrance fee.

??

I just got off the phone with Randall Pierce and the show is open to the public. He said they just don’t advertise it locally to the public, just on forums of traditional muzzleloader enthusiasts. Real nice guy.

Thanks for going the extra mile and making the call @Banjoman; I should have thought of that. Makes sense that you wouldn't want a bunch of folks looking for black rifles and laser optics at a ML venue. Although my tastes tend more to Germanic and transitional MLs, I'll probably go at least once to see what it's all about.

You’re very welcome. That’s why they limit where they advertise and I get it.

There will be a ‘regular’ (more like circus) gun show in Knoxville the following week but I don’t go to those.

Getting close to show time! Looking forward to taking this in for the first time, and perhaps meeting some of you gentlemen there.
Joe B

Well, I was there from around 10am until about noon on Friday. A few empty tables gave me the impression that the show was slightly smaller than previous years.
I enjoyed the show, but I didn't buy anything. I looked over several shot pouches just to see how they were constructed. (I recently finished a new bag for myself). I thought the prices were high, but they usually are at shows like this. Nothing I need or want anyway.

I was there about that time. I thought the show was great and got to meet some cool people. I ended up buying a couple books and some flints. I also thought some of the accoutrements were a little high as expected, but it was good to look at how others do things up close. My favorite part was the guns!

Latest posts

Back