• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tip Curtis Bucks Cty, Lancaster (or other patterns) Rifle photos?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
554C564A-CDA8-4DF5-8154-26277DC5EA0C.jpeg D32A9B87-1FFB-455F-8DF2-ED8FAD672A5D.jpeg Had a .45 Tip Curtis that I bought off a gentleman from either Idaho or Utah? I forget.

Anyway, it was a beautiful rifle. Had a lot of bling to it. Not sure what school of rifle it was though? I’m not hip on the eastern types? It was just to dang pretty for me to be regularly shooting. I already have several that I use for competition’s and woods walks . I picked this Tip Curtis up because it was at a good price.

I took it to a shooting event and passed it around. I was told that I might have a treasure by several of the others? Tip Curtis had signed this one on the top flat behind the rear sight like he does on some of his others, but this one had a fancy engraving that had “ NO.13 “ on the flat back by the breech plug.

I ended up selling it to a couple that I shoot with regularly from time to time.

They attend Friendship twice a year and have been for the last 30 or so years.

They’ve known Tip for years. Brought him the rifle to check out. I heard he was amazed when he saw it! Apparently he built it back in 1974. He wanted it back but Susie wasn’t gonna let it go! I sold it to Don and he gave it to her for her Birthday.

Here’s a picture of Tip Curtis holding that rifle with Don and Susie. Was taken at Friendship in 2017.

Respectfully, Cowboy D32A9B87-1FFB-455F-8DF2-ED8FAD672A5D.jpeg

There was a 30 cal SMR Tip avail on the ALR forum just recently. Never heard of Tip being new to the sport, but it looked very nice.

View attachment 20640 View attachment 20639 Had a .45 Tip Curtis that I bought off a gentleman from either Idaho or Utah? I forget.

Anyway, it was a beautiful rifle. Had a lot of bling to it. Not sure what school of rifle it was though? I’m not hip on the eastern types? It was just to dang pretty for me to be regularly shooting. I already have several that I use for competition’s and woods walks . I picked this Tip Curtis up because it was at a good price.

I took it to a shooting event and passed it around. I was told that I might have a treasure by several of the others? Tip Curtis had signed this one on the top flat behind the rear sight like he does on some of his others, but this one had a fancy engraving that had “ NO.13 “ on the flat back by the breech plug.

I ended up selling it to a couple that I shoot with regularly from time to time.

They attend Friendship twice a year and have been for the last 30 or so years.

They’ve known Tip for years. Brought him the rifle to check out. I heard he was amazed when he saw it! Apparently he built it back in 1974. He wanted it back but Susie wasn’t gonna let it go! I sold it to Don and he gave it to her for her Birthday.

Here’s a picture of Tip Curtis holding that rifle with Don and Susie. Was taken at Friendship in 2017.

Respectfully, Cowboy View attachment 20639

Sounds like Susie!!! Hulvey's are great people as is Tip Curtis!

Back