• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tingle rifles, pistols, and shotguns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don’t know my friend? Maybe it was what Bob Tingle decided to name this model?

I will say that the barrel walls are extremely thick for a 15/16 barrel. The bore is also very tight, even for a .440 ball and .015 pillow ticking spit patch. Also use 60 gr. Goex 3f. That’s my load combo for this rifle. I can nail what I’m aiming at out to 100 yards.

I will add that I’ve never printed paper target’s with it? Mostly steel gong type’s to include novelty targets.

Matter of fact, I used this rifle in my very first ever black powder shooting competition. Was very informal. Everyone for the most part shot flintlock. Being new to the game I didn’t own one yet. Jethro a good friend of mine which many know here on the forum, introduced me to the group.

Was about 30 shooter’s that day. Novelty targets of all kinds at various ranges out to 100 yards. All shooting was off hand. I placed about in the middle of the pack that day. I was very pleased beings that was my very first time competing. I was very happy with how I and my Tingle preformed that day! Many competition’s and Muzzleloader’s have went by since, but I’ll always have a fondness and soft spot in my heart for my Tingle.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Cowboy, I have one that is a mirror image to yours that I bought for a too cheap price at a gun show last summer. It is a lefty and I thought about selling or trading it, but it shoots really well. Mine too is tight loading with a .440 rb. I have a couple of adult daughters who are left eye dominant and also a lefty grandson, so will probably keep it. It is #692.

There was a guy on the primitive range at Friendship that had one of the half stock Tingles on his blanket. I talked to him for quite a while about that particular style, as well as the single shot pistol Tingle made and several other lesser known models.
Considering the number that were produced over the years, you really don’t see that many Tingle rifles for sale.
What I would like to know is, for those of you who were in the game before the emergence of Thompson Center and CVA, how many of you started with, or at least owned and shot a rifle, pistol, or shotgun manufactured by Bob Tingle? How many of you still have one?
I have one and it reminds me of my old T.C. "Hawken". Quality built but nothing real fancy. Not bad of a gun. Nice smooth bore. Will have to go out and shoot it in the next couple of weeks. Never really gave it much of a tryout as it was less "exciting " than some other guns I own and .45 caliber isn't exactly my favorite for some reason.

Cowboy, I have one that is a mirror image to yours that I bought for a too cheap price at a gun show last summer. It is a lefty and I thought about selling or trading it, but it shoots really well. Mine too is tight loading with a .440 rb. I have a couple of adult daughters who are left eye dominant and also a lefty grandson, so will probably keep it. It is #692.
Jake,
If you were to trade your Tingle what might you be looking for and do you need a lefty?
Mark (Papa)

Is this a Tingle lock?
1000009643.jpg

My 36 was good enough to head shoot tree rats consistently.

It's weight made it hard to carry all day but great for off hand shooting. I suspect that is why they are known as "target rifles."

IronHand

Still have two pistols and an extra 12" barrel. He made shoulder stocks for the pistols, but I've never seen one nor a photo in nearly 50 years, Dad killed a duck flying with one of the Tingle pistols. "Watch this." --

Latest posts

Back