• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Mariano Modena Hawken Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN L. HINNANT

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings All,

After my post asking for information about John D. Baird, It occurred to me that somebody on this site might have studied the Mariano Modena in detail.

If any of you gentlemen have collected detailed information on this rifle, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I want to duplicate the shape and size of this stock in as much detail as possible.

The information in John D. Baird's book is very helpful, but more information is needed.

Best regards, John L. Hinnant

I have an old blueprint from Log Cabin Shop that I believe was taken from the Mariano Modena Rifle. The print shows a patchbox that was taken from the Modena Hawken, but to my eye the rifle looks identical.

The print shows full length right and top views with a left side detail of the lock pannel and butt. 10 sections are shown as well.

I don't know if Log Cabin still sells the print, but they called it their Early Hawken Halfstock Print. Good liuck.

Michael

Back