• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Items of Faith. The Dogma of Muzzleloading.com

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salt and a bit of red pepper works.....oh wait....not that kind of seasoning, right?
I was out duck hunting with some guys, and the game warden came to check our blind. Everyone else had modern pump shotguns, I had my muzzleloader. The game Warden was checking everybody's shots to make sure they were non-toxic, and legal mag tube length. He said he'd never seen a gun like mine before and didn't want to touch it, he asked what I was shooting. I told him I let the other guys do most of the work and I've got salt, pepper and garlic loaded up in there, I just season them before they hit the water.

This thread started out with comments about "dogma" and
appeared to go downhill from there, then wandered off into different subjects. I didn't understand all the snarky comments in the dogma section. What's the problem? I've always personally enjoyed doing things the way they were done in the "old days," if only for the understanding it gave me of their skills and limitations, and for my own feelings of accomplishment. I didn't start out looking for new and more efficient ways to do what was done 200 years ago and don't really give a flip if somebody else wants to spend their own time that way. As far as getting into a p*ss*ng match over it,
no thank you. Life's too short to argue over things that I don't care about and don't affect me anyway. I was a competitive shooter in the unmentionable arena for a long time, got out of it because it just wasn't fun anymore. Muzzleloading is. For me, at least, that means replicating parts of history and doing so in as close to historical ways as I can, and teaching others who are interested in the same things what I've learned --- if and only if they want to learn. For those of y'all who prefer to find gear that looks like an unmentionable bolt gun and has an indestructible fiberglass stock and a telescope bolted on top, go for it. But don't come into a forum that is clearly defined as a traditional muzzleloading venue and then squawk because the folks here don't agree with you. There floats my stick.

Back