• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC WMC Load Suggestions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a new (to me) percussion TC White Mountain Carbine in .50. The barrel is a little rough but the price was right($75). Just about everyone up here has moved on to those new-fangled things that some call muzzloaders and few want to hunt with the side locks these days.

My understanding is that they are fast twist barrels (1:20 or 1:38) so my assumption is that it would favor a Maxi ball over a PRB.

My intention will be to use it to hunt whitetails and I was hoping that some of you that own (or previously owned) the WMC would be kind enough to share what loads you shoot in yours.

Thanks,

Bob

Back