• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC renegade, who makes custom barrels for these?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tajue17

40 Cal.
Reaction score
hello everyone, I need help findign a barrel maker who can make me a 62. smoothbore barrel for a T/C 56 renegade that will drop right in,,, this was my fathers gun and its very sentimental so i want to keep the existing barrel. my main reason is I also have 62 fowlers and I want to be able to use the same balls and patches to keep it simple PLUS I like 62's... I checked Green Mtn with no luck (didn't call?)

thanks for any info,,

Thanks Ted/Boston

Try calling or emailing some of the barrel makers such as Long Hammock in Florida or Getz or any of the many other custom barrel makers and see if they can make one for you. Expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $250 for a barrel but they are excellent barrels. You can find either of them on the internet. I am sure that as time goes by, many others will join in and recommend other custom barrel makers. You shouldn't have any trouble in doing exactly what you have proposed to do. :thumbsup:

find one on e-bay and have bob hoyt bore it to.62. just had one bored and rifled to .58. excellent work and surprisingly cheap

badpenny said:
find one on e-bay and have bob hoyt bore it to.62. just had one bored and rifled to .58. excellent work and surprisingly cheap
That's the most affordable bet.
I had Mr. Hoyt turn a rusted 54 TC Ren barrel into a 62 smooth for $60, that included return shipping.
Rusted bore barrels can easily be found for $50-75 and sometimes cheaper.
(Paid 30 for mine)

Since its a 1" Oct bbl Mr Hoyt can ream it to .62 provided the sight screw holes or undrib were not drilled to deep.
He has a good backlog now minium 6-8 months.

When we were down visiting last week Bobby said he has enough work to keep him busy for the next two years.

Good for him, not so good if you need something in a hurry. Enjoy, J.D.

can someone post Mr Hoyts contact Info,,, if i have to wait a year,, its no different than getting a longbow made but at least its moving forward... in the mean time I'll talk to Getz. thanks everyone. T

Back