• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC 54 caliber. What model?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sekiar

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an old T/C 54 caliber rifle with double triggers with a peep tang and globe front sight. It's a heavy barrel rifle, however I don't see any model markings on it any where. On the barrel is what I believe is the serial number, 11646. Only the T/C name, address and serial # is marked on the barrel. Is this an early Hawken? Don't guess it really matters, just wondering. Thanks, Charles :idunno:

Hello from Germany!

I think it is a really early Hawken. Mine is similar, but without peepsight and only "Hawken" on it.

Regards

Kirrmeister

This is an early TC Hawken.

IMG_1895.jpg

This is a Renegrade.

IMG_1927.jpg

Does it resemble either of these?

Thanks! The photo tells the tail. It's a Renegade going by the photos. I re-checked and there was not a patch box and that should have told me it was probably a Renegade.

I have a .54 Renegade that shoots MaxiHunters like a house afire - I hope yours will do as well, too.

A litttle ways west of Bentonville and up the creek from Ozark57 a couple of miles. :thumbsup:

Tell Bill to let me know when he's going to have a shoot next, I'll be there. If you are where you say, were close to each other. I shoot a lot of RB's..

Will be happy to meet you there.....will look for a note from Bill and will forward to you. Charles :thumbsup:

I've owned a couple Renegades and still have one. Mine have all shot round balls pretty durned well. One hole groups at 50 yards from a bench if you keep the charges under 90 gr FFg. Great rifles - though not a faithful or even passing close representation of anything from history, really.

Stumpkiller said:
I've owned a couple Renegades and still have one. Mine have all shot round balls pretty durned well. One hole groups at 50 yards from a bench if you keep the charges under 90 gr FFg. Great rifles - though not a faithful or even passing close representation of anything from history, really.

Been looking at some 19th century, mainly british, shotguns that come durn close. I am gathering parts to make my renegade even closer. This site has lots of pics that I have been using to get ideas for mine.
http://www.henrykrank.com/percussion_single_shotguns.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody jumps on the Hawkens and that can make the Renegade a great buy. Just picked up a nice old Renegade and you're right, they're nowhere HC. But if you're willing to do a little work there's a bunch of wood on the buttstock that can be pared down and I'm using that to add a little drop. I'm also adding a Kentucky buttplate to mine right now and slimmin' her up a bit. Also have a 56 Smoothbore on the way here so I can play with the turkeys next spring! Should be a light rig. Alot can be done to those ole Renegades....

Too bad there's not octagonal to rounds made to drop-in the Renegades. But, looks like even the octagonals are drying up!

Back