• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C White Mtn Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum. Was wondering if a Thompson Center Hawken barrel would fit in a White Mountain Carbine stock assembly. Is there an issue with the ramrod rib?
Regards
Bob

bobbo said:
Hi, new to the forum. Was wondering if a Thompson Center Hawken barrel would fit in a White Mountain Carbine stock assembly. Is there an issue with the ramrod rib?
Regards
Bob

It may lay in the stock, but I don't think the wedge pin will line up. :hmm:

BILLYGOAT said:
bobbo said:
Regards
Bob

It may lay in the stock, but I don't think the wedge pin will line up. :hmm:

My thoughts as well.

I don't think it will fit either. I was just looking at both of these rifles side by side in the Kittery Trading Post yesterday. Did you try calling T/C ? They may not have any info on a discontinued product and might try and sell you an inline instead, but they could suprise you.

Not sure about the pin lining up, and the cal. would make a diff also. 50 cal Hawkens barrels are 15/16 and 54 cal are 1" across the flats.

Billygoat got it right,just checked with mine. The barrel fits and the wedge pin fits.The rib falls a bit short however.

I do know that the Penn Hunter Carbine barrels fit perfectly. I used one to get the 1:66 twist to turn it into a roundball rifle for my son to shoot with me.

Smokey Hills said:
Billygoat got it right,just checked with mine. The barrel fits and the wedge pin fits.The rib falls a bit short however.

If thats the case I may have to go back and get that White Mountain before someone snatches it up. :thumbsup:

I checked mine also and sure enough they swap.I was going to trade the White Mountain in on a Trade Rifle but I think I'll keep it and pay the difference.
Thanks,
Ryan

Mine shoots graet too. 70 gr Goex ffg and .015 patch .490 round ball and if I do my part it will leave 3 touching at 50 yds. Of cource that is on the bench and I usually mess it up before I get it done, but it is a joy to hunt with.

Back