• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Seneca .45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always though these were nice guns. We have an early ML season here in October for antlerless deer only. 99% seem to go to in-line. I cannot bring myself to own one so I carry a flintlock. But a cap would be nice.

It seems high but considering what everything is bringing these days it's probably right in line as long as it's in good shape.

For me, it would depend on the bore condition. If not perfect, I’d knock at least $200 off that price (cost, time and effort for a rebore or relining), but that’s just my opinion, plus I’m not in the market for one at the moment.

On another site I saw a .45 Seneca offered for sale for $575. It is missing the barrel wedge. Does this seem high?
Wes, my take? In this day and age, wait you lose. Its the new normal. Everything goes fast. If you see something you like and can possibly afford, get it. By the time you delay and ask here, its gone.

You can get a barrel wedge that will fit from Track of the Wolf as well as some other places. If the rifle is clean and shootable, I would say that it’s worth $575. To quote @CaptainVane , “It’s the new normal.”

I would consider it this way: If I really wanted or needed a rifle like that, what would a comparable custom build cost? Probably close to $2K, from a reputable builder. What would it cost me in parts, time, and labor to build one myself? You would probably invest more in parts than that finished rifle costs. Is this an impulse buy, or is this something you’ve been wanting/needing/looking for?

I have a T/C Seneca in .45 caliber. I bought it about 20 years ago for $275. It was unfired, but had been hanging over a mantelpiece for 20 years before that. It needed to be cleaned up, inside and out. However, these are very nice rifles, and they aren’t being made anymore. Light and handy, and the most traditionally styled of anything T/C ever offered. It is accurate and easy to clean. The .45 caliber is adequate for deer, shooting round balls, and you can shoot T/C Maxi Balls if you want a heavier projectile. The Seneca is a good rifle, and I would not consider that price unreasonable for what you are getting… if the missing barrel wedge is the only real issue.

One guy’s opinion.

Notchy Bob

Back