• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawkin Breech ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have 2 choices..

1. draw file the breach end of the barrel to match the tang or
2. soilder the barrel and tang level together and file down the tang to fit the wood on the wrist.
(soilder is easy to remove!)

either way you'll need to refinish metal surface.

soildering the tang to the barrel will make a better shooter.(IMHO)

...This works!....Good Luck.....dan

I would be removing the tang, and taking a look with the barrel and tang in my hand to see just what is going on and where.
If you can make it fit flush in your hand it should go flush in the stock unless there is some part of the barrel chanel tiping the barrel up in the back, or the tang itself needs a shim under it to bring things back in line.
Are there any issues putting the barrel wedge key in place?
Pete

They fit out of the stock the same as in the stock. One is cut too small or one is cut too large. This gun just came back from T/C for a new stock and the tang and barrel fit the same in the old stock. I might buy a new tang and see how it fits. Thanks to those who've made helping suggestions. Mike

I think you can fit that up. Try pulling it out and shooting some pics from various angles so we can get a look at it. Use your Macro setting on your camera to solve the focus problem. Or, take the pic on a huge high resolution format from further away and then crop it to what you want to use.

Don't take our manure seriously, cause we sure don;t take each other seriously! :haha: :hatsoff:

Rifleman1776 said:
With that approach, pretty quick no one will try to help.

You still haven't said whether you've pulled the tang and barrel from the stock and tried their fit. That will be key to anything else you do to fix the situation.

Yep, yes. And, fer certain, fer sure.
I started as a professional photog in 1953 and still do some. But, I guess I'm not qualified to help him either.

It looks blurry here also. But the barrel looks like it sticks out from the tang instead of flush like its a 15/16th tang. I had a problem with older T.C. Hawkens not taking a drop in very well before but it was the old 4 digit models.

Bob

Latest posts

Back