• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken sight replacement

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtattoo

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have recently aquired a Thompson Centre Hawken flinter, more as a platform for customising than anything else really. I'm wanting to change out the 'modern' sights for something a little more period correct. Either a buckhorn or express style rear sight & a brass front blade if possible. I'm also modifying the original trigger guard/grip to create something a bit more aesthetically pleasing, but that's by the by.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket replacement sights, or will it be a case of trying several to see if anything fits in the dovetail?

Find out how large the dovetail is and order something from TOW or Dixie that has a slightly larger base and file it to fit the slot.

Don't file the slot.

Your rear sight should be held on by two screws. Order two new screws from Thompson Center because you will most likely destroy the ones in your sight now. At least I did when I removed mine. You can get this rear sight from The Gun Works. With three holes in it already. Depending on the age of your barrel the hole spacing will be correct for just two of the holes.

503.jpg

Or you can get a rear sight from The Hawken Shop without any holes in it and drill and counter sink them yourself. Which is what I did.

TCHawken004.jpg

For a front sight I used a TC Renegade front blade sight from Track of The Wolf.

Robert

Back