• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Surprise-surprise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidt

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I wanted to go out for a roe, or two.
Wheather was ugly, steady rain and strong wind.
Me and my dog Johanna climbed on a roofed stand.
The only sound we cold hear were the raindrops and the falling leafs.
It was almost bright 7/30 when Johanna looked to the right and growled: A rot of wild pigs aproached! Cocked and aimed one of the mid-sized pigs standing broad- when the smoke was blown away there was no trace of anything.15 minutes later we descendet and natually tere was no blood on the place. but Hanna puted her nose down and pulled me along the trace, I saw the first blood after 20meters and after 60 meters the dead sow.
It was my first pig after more than a year and the first real seek for Johanna.

The Pig had 50kg and was shoot with my Investarms Hawken kal.54, prb/90grains WanoPP

-In memoriam Kirrmeister-

Congratulations on a successful hunt.Wild boar are one of my favorite animals to hunt. Here in the US most of the wild boar are feral pigs but they still are fun and quite tasty when prepared right.

Waidmanns Heil ! :thumbsup:

your dog looks great too! :hatsoff:

There is nothing better than a hunt with your dog. I use a Drahthaar of which we have 2. They will do the job no matter what the game.
Dusty :wink:

Well Done!,
I agree with StumpKiller "I do wish we had wild hogs hereabouts."

.690RB

That sure looks like a nice sized hog for being a medium sized sow. What would it have been if it was one of the larger sized boars? Sure would of liked to have been there too. I love to hunt wild boar. I usually go to Tennessee to hunt them, but the wild boar/feral hogs are getting quite a foothold here in Michigan. Congrats, nice hunting!!!

Back