• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

St. Patrick's Day Shoot 2014

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herb

54 Cal.
Reaction score
The Haneys held their annual shoot March 15. There were 13 shooters and 13 targets at 25 yards. Two of us shot caplocks and of the rest, four were left-handed flintlocks. It was about 45 degrees with 8-10 mph wind, which complicated things. I got 10 1/2 points, next highest was 7. I got the half point by cutting a playing card lying edgewise horizontally in a crack in the left end of that top plank by the shamrocks. Dave, the score keeper, could hardly believe his eyes, he put that card up as a joke. I also hit a string hanging under the plank. I declined to shoot at a full-sized photo poster of a "bad guy", taking a zero for that. I do not want to shoot at people targets. I tied with Terry Haney at the High Uintah Mountainman Meat Shoot here (and lost to a coin toss) a couple of months ago, and won Jim Goodman's New Year's shoot, running all 17 targets, and won today. The big boys say "No more shooting that damned Bridger Hawken! Next time you are score keeper." That short 31" barrel and that short 13 1/4" length of pull make that rifle easy for me to shoot, even at 10 3/4 pounds. Jim Goodman shooting, Joe Gondek waiting.

Joe shooting, Kyne waiting.

Kyne shooting, Big Jim waiting.

Skunk shooting, Randy waiting.

Terry Haney shooting.

Linda scoring, Carole loading. I made her rifle

I broke this in two for ease of posting. The usual crowd. I am wearing a red capote on the left, which Carole, next to me in the white, made.

Here I take first prize, a quart of Irish whiskey.

Another interesting prize.

My Bridger Hawken I built and the playing card I cut at 25 yards, edgewise and horizontally.

Herb said:
I declined to shoot at a full-sized photo poster of a "bad guy", taking a zero for that. I do not want to shoot at people targets.
My hat's off to you, Herb.

Nice report.

Spence

You look like you have a lot of fun when you get together! Thanks for the pics.

George said:
Herb said:
I declined to shoot at a full-sized photo poster of a "bad guy", taking a zero for that. I do not want to shoot at people targets.
My hat's off to you, Herb.

Nice report.

Spence
i would have busted him...but that is just me..lol

Back