• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel Noodle Soup anyone?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan Grotheer

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Took the old .50 CVA Mountain Stalker out this afternoon. Shot 45 grs of FFG and a 245 gr Buffalo Ball-et.. I know I know, overkill for sure but it's what I had on hand for the vermin and considering that my combo is still shooting nearly 4 1/2" high, it was quite the challenge for sure and I missed 50% of my shots. But it was a beautiful evening to be out in the woods for sure and in another trip I'll be ready to prepare my family famous squirrel noodle soup for my sweetheart.

It is isn't it?!! Lol

I'll give the cooking forum a try once I have a few more of the vermin to use for the dish.

Key goes in on the same side as the lock....If the lock is on the left then it goes in from the left.....If on the right then from the right....If you put is any old way you want.....that's a personal preference.....Do what makes you happy....I once knew a guy that wore his socks on the outside of his shoes.... :haha:

Congrats on a nice batch of squirrels. :thumbsup:

I'm always a little surprised at squirrel seasons in the spring, but if the population can handle it, why not?

All my wedge keys go in left to right even though I'm a right hander and my locks are on the right. Looking at Pedersoli's website, all of their keyed rifles are left to right. Don Stith's website shows left to right. WB Selb's website shows all his left to right. I could keep going, but that should be enough to let us know that those of us that put them in left to right have plenty of good company! :v :wink: :grin:

Back