• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel hunting video!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silent sniper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought some of you may enjoy this. My fiancé and I did a little hunting/videoing and this is what we ended up with. Sorry we didn't find more squirrels, those will just have to wait for the next video. Enjoy, SS.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEycrnZQKUM

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video. Looking forward to more. I have a 32 squirrel rifle in process so it really interested me. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Dave

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Excellent! My wife and I both enjoyed watching your video. And you're right...squirrel hunting is a great way to spend some time in the woods.

You know, this is the second video I've watched here that beats the so-called professional productions hands down. Hope to see more...whether more squirrels are killed or not. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

That was a great video. Thanks for sharing that.

I have videoed a lot of deer and turkey hunts, but never squirrels. I was just thinking the other day that a squirrel video could be good.

Your video was top notch both on video quality as well as content.

Great video throughout but that double framed kill shot was Awesome! Look forward to your next one. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks! I agree with the previous statements, my fiancé really knows what she is doing! I get to do the easy job and be the one in front of the camera! :rotf:

Yes we are planning on doing more videos. This was a test video to see if there is any interest for traditional weapons productions. When I'm not using a flintlock I am busy flinging arrows with my longbow. I would love to create a center for high quality videos promoting primitive weapons and the lifestyle surrounding them!

I am open to any recommendations for future videos. Anyone have any questions or otherwise any other general things they would like to see?

As of now I am hoping to get a longbow turkey hunt along with a good groundhog hunting video with the flintlock.

Thanks again for the remarks and please let me know what you would like to see. I have a variety of muzzleloaders I can break out for videos. Cheers SS.

silent sniper said:
please let me know what you would like to see.

For me, it's not very important WHAT is hunted but HOW. So, squirrels, turkeys, groundhogs, deer or cape buffalo...doesn't matter.

I liked the music background you chose. I personally hate pounding rock music in hunting videos. Somehow that sound just doesn't say "peace and nature" to me. :grin:

Respect for the animals is paramount. I've seen too many modern videos where the animals are obviously just a notch-in-the-belt and to sell product. :td:

My all-time favorite videos are the Wenzel/Mitten productions of Primal Dreams I & II. For muzzleloading, Brian Beckum's Real Blackpowder, though all of his are pretty good. Some of the old Roger Raglin videos were quite good.

Good luck!

I really enjoyed your work. Classy and not over the top. Enjoyed the fact that you showed a realistic hunt that didn't involve thousands of dollars spent on trophies that are out of the average mans reach. Well done :hatsoff:

Back