• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

South Dakota members

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like there is a couple of us then! What’s your preference for muzzleloader type? I’m big into flintlocks
I like everything. I have built underhammers and a matchlock. Currently building a 16th century Spanish Miquelet and building a 16th century wheellock after that. Love shooting them all

I like everything. I have built underhammers and a matchlock. Currently building a 16th century Spanish Miquelet and building a 16th century wheellock after that. Love shooting them all
Sounds awesome! Got all the blackpowder bases covered! Are you making the wheel lock all yourself or did you get a kit?

Sounds awesome! Got all the blackpowder bases covered! Are you making the wheel lock all yourself or did you get a kit?
I commisiined the mechanism from Bolek in Poland (considered by many to be the best buiilder in the world). I will make everything else from scratch.

I commisiined the mechanism from Bolek in Poland (considered by many to be the best buiilder in the world). I will make everything else from scratch.
I will have to check them out. I’m always looking for new projects ideas. I just ordered myself a kit where the lock is not inlet on the stock at all so hopefully I can figure that out. What do you like to use for inletting chisels?

I will have to check them out. I’m always looking for new projects ideas. I just ordered myself a kit where the lock is not inlet on the stock at all so hopefully I can figure that out. What do you like to use for inletting chisels?
Flexcut ( you can find them on amazon). Have had good luck with them. I'm in the central part of the state.

Latest posts

Back