• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

source for beeswax

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54 Cal.
Reaction score
talking with a gal in my wife's garden club, I learned she and her husband are dedicated bee keepers..she was telling me of rescuing a wild hive and having a bear destroy it....I asked her for any wax she might have, and yesterday got a nice batch of raw wax...I'm now going to render it in a homemade double boiler...will let you all know if it is worth the effort...given the bee hive problem, bee keepers are getting more and better attention than they used to, and maybe you've got a couple in your area as a source..Hank

I've never been able to find a local beekeeper who is willing to give up any wax free or cheap for that matter.
I ordered a few pounds from[url] www.beeswaxfrombeekeepers.com[/url] and I still have a lot of it left. A little goes a long way.

HD

Last edited by a moderator:
About 4 years ago a friend at work who knew I did a lot of shooting asked if I would like some beeswax. He said he had found it in a barn on a farm where they use to raise bees. I told him sure, and thought I'd get a pound or two. He brought me 150lbs of wax! I've got a life time supply for me and both my sons. LOL

Regards, Dave

The beeswax I got was about half a sandwich-sized baggie full...looked like crumbs. I boiled it down and got a couple of silver-dollar sized pieces of very hard wax, and about 3 tablespoonsful of honey....I'm guessing that turning out those neat cakes of beeswax is a pretty labor-intensive operation. If the folks offer more beeswax,I'll take it, but I'm not going to ask for any more. Hank

Contact SIOUX BEE HONEY COMPANY in Sioux City, Iowa. I don't have their address, but shouldn't be hard to fine through the internet or phone information operator! They are the bggest supplier for alot of industries!

Back