• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source for #11 caps in bulk?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Lobo

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody buy their percussion caps in bulk? Are you finding a significant savings over retail? If so, I would like to find a source for buying a couple of thousand for myself and maybe the guys I shoot with. Thanks.

Did you check any of the suppliers in the forum resources section? Midsouth Shooters Supply, Grafs, even MidwayUSA will most likely have them cheaper than Cabela's.

HD

I've found that the shipping and hazmat adds a couple bucks a 100 over what I can get them locally for.

keep you eye open at wally world at the end of deer season. I hear of people getting them for 50 cents a tin. I bought 10 tins when they were 2.00 each

I did check those sites:

Midsouth is out of stock.
Grafs is out of stock.
Midway is out of stock.

I found CCI #11's at Powder Valley, Inc. for $36/1000 (plus hazmat fee and shipping). I put out the word with the fellows in my club to see if anybody wants to go in on an order with me.

Wolf,
For CCI #11 $45 per thousand and CCI#11 magnums
$56 at www.dixiegunworks.com plus shipping.
Probably around $10 or so.NO HAZ-MAT fee..UPS ground.I got an order in less than a week that
included 4 tins of #11 magnums.They also handle
Remington caps.
snake-eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
Just logged on to Dixie. Could not find a way to order 1000 CCI No. 11 caps for $45. The only option was to order 10 of the $5.95 100 ct tins.

How did you find 1000 caps for $45?

My local shop sells #11 CCI for $4.99/100. That is the best price I have been able to find buying bulk online once you include hazmat and shipping. I choose to support my local shop for this purchase.

I generally by caps 1,000 at a time but I still buy them from a local shop because even though I have an FFL and can buy wholesale. The hazmat shipping fee of $17.00 makes the price per 1,000 about the same as local retail. I'd have to buy 5,000 at a time, the most they will ship in one package, to gain a slight savings over our local gun shop or Walmart.

I just picked up 18 tins (1800) CCI caps at $2.50 per 100. They had them marked at $2.99 a 100 and I just asked if he'd come down if I took them all. He was more than happy to sell the whole stock as he didn't have any demand for them. Store had a lot of musket caps too, but I left them alone. Said he sells lots of primers for the new rifles.

I'll bet he doesn't sell lots of primers any more, they are pretty much unobtainable either wholesale or retail, panic buying has exhausted the supply. I recently saw a picture of President Obama with the caption "gun salesman of the year"! :haha:

I can make my own #11and mag#11. I have a tap-a-cap die use roll caps. Punch 2 for plain and 3 or 4 for mag caps. don't see any difference then Rem.caps.

Coyote Joe,
Yes he was out of primers, but reloading wasn't anything that shop was into. While shot gun primers have gone up, we can still get them for out trap and skeet needs. I just figured with caps going for $6 a tin, it was time to grab all the tins I could at $2.50.

Back