• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some Horns I Have Made

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
billk said:
Thank you.
That is my buffalo horn and it is one of my favorites. I like to carry it the most. After I did the scrimshaw, I colored it with india red ink. However, the designs did not show very well, so I went over it with a red Sharpie fine marker.
BillK

thanks! ... did a bison horn but made the mistake of treating it like a cowhorn, so the geometry isn't what I hoped for ... i'll try your technique on the next one.

make good smoke!

Thank you. I am not an expert, but let me know if you have any questions.

Beautiful horn work. I've just finished my third horn and enjoy it very much. Just had twin grandchildren, my first, and am planning to make them each a horn. Something to remember Grandpaw by. :grin:

You guys are giving me a complex

It's beautiful work
Well Done :applause:

I just threw my copy of How to make Powder Horns away!Ain't no way i can do that!!

Thank you. I am just a novice. I use a sailor's sewing needle that I have inserted in a wooden dowel, (little thinker than a pencil) for most of the work and also a metal scriber.

Latest posts

Back