• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothin out da smoothbore ummm..... bore !! :D

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats great !!! Yer gettin such great performance from those short N.W. trade guns bud ! My 40" barrel doesnt do that good at that yardage unless I use shot cups ... Very cool Walt !! You da man ! :)
I can tighten my patterns up a little more by using a shot cup but I’m trying to keep as simple as I can .Next time out I’ll shot one load with a cup and one without so you can see the difference.

I can tighten my patterns up a little more by using a shot cup but I’m trying to keep as simple as I can .Next time out I’ll shot one load with a cup and one without so you can see the difference.
Yeah , just outta curiosity if you want .... Be interesting .

Did a couple CW smooth musket barrels. Had a 48" piece of 3/8" steel rod. Split one end , slid some coarse emory cloth in the slit , enough emory flaps to be a snug fit in the bore. For horse power , chucked up the rig into an old drill motor. Put some penetrating oil down the bore , and couple hours later , shootable bore. The Emory cloth gets changed when the bore is so muddy from rusty penetrating fluid . Just keep at it. I shot that musket the next day , then traded it for another to play with.

Hand done breeches ,no lathe ... Sorry no better pics , all that was on my phone
Thanks for the pics.
I have several 16 bore 28" bbls from Numrich with the flat step for dbl brl guns.
I'm thinking I can make a rear sight from part of that flat step. They didn't have breech plugs, so I'll get a couple from Track. I also have a couple 24 bore bbls.
Thanks for the tips.

Thanks for the pics.
I have several 16 bore 28" bbls from Numrich with the flat step for dbl brl guns.
I'm thinking I can make a rear sight from part of that flat step. They didn't have breech plugs, so I'll get a couple from Track. I also have a couple 24 bore bbls.
Thanks for the tips.
Yeah , I just grind a flat on top , opposite of the big flat lug that is left on the he barrel, I make sure its straight down , then thread the breech and work on he plug till tang is straight up. After that I grind the rest of the flats

Back