• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Small flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 61297

32 Cal
Reaction score
Need help from the experts here. A friend recently passed and in his project stack there is a small, guessing boys rifle. Full stock curly maple, with a super fine octagon to round barrel. Looks to be 40 caliber. It is Inlet for a small lock. The Inlet measures 3/4" at the tallest part. Looks like a small siler may be right. Any experience with these little locks, what else should I be looking for to fit? Anyone have one that needs a new home? THANKS!

Small Siler's are nice locks. If you have or know someone who has a Track of the Wolf book the pictures in them are supposed to be actual size...

Thanks, that was my first try! Any other lock of similar size I could look for? I am hoping to get it turned into a shooter I can donate to local 4H in friends name.

Small Silers are nice locks. They a popular with competition shooters.
Small Siler's are nice locks. If you have or know someone who has a Track of the Wolf book the pictures in them are supposed to be actual size...
you can see the pictures online go to the item and check the downloads for that item

Another on the list. And may look better. I hear it takes a bit more to tune. Any experience. Again hoping to make it a 4H team gun, so reliable is key. I like it when the flintlock kids out shoot those inlines. Trying to get more kids hooked on the sport!

Latest posts

Back