• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Small flat powder horn maker?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago, I logged on under a different user name but forgot it. I purchased a small flat powder horn with a squirrel scrimshawed on the side of it and cannot for the life of me remember the forum member who made it! If anyone, or if that member sees this, knows of this individual please reach out to me as I want to purchase another one. Appreciate any assistance and thank you all in advance. :)
You could go over to the ALR forum and look up Bob Gerard and see if he'll take a commission, he does great work!

Thanks beavermsn2- much appreciated! ( I’m that Bob Gerard fellow. But I refrain from doing commission work these days though).
Well, seeing as that is a bust, which is a shame because Bob does exemplary work, you cab still go to the ALR and look up Corey Joe Stewart. He does nice solid work at fair prices. Horns and bags and other accoutrement. Not quite the artistic level Bob and Rick are known for but good stuff. I have a small flat horn from him and I'm pleased with it.

I know another horner apprenticing with the guild who does really nice work, you can p.m. me if interested, he won't get involved with this forum.

Got this one off of ALR looks like 2012 RF

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I have one of those crazy crow flat horns. They are too flat and not well made. A pakistan tourist horn. Too flat and too big. The spout end looks like it was hogged off using a belt grinder. I'm tempted to cut off the plug end and see if I can modify the horn to be better, but I don't have anykind of wooden form you need to shove up in the horn when it is soft to get the correct shape you want.

Orville "Sparks" Mumma makes very nice flat priming horns. I see him at shows, nice guy to talk with, and he's made over 1000 since the 90s, but can only find his contact info through the CLA member directory.

Latest posts

Back