• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

slotting wedge keys?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelerzzz

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'd like to put wedge key containment pins on my GPR (2 diff size keys..easy to get mixed up) but I haven't been able to find slotted wedge keys that will work.I'd like to slot my wedge keys myself...and was wondering if anybody did this, and what is the easiest way?(without drilling a bunch of little holes and connecting the dots)

Well, aside from doing it by hand like you said. If you have access to a milling machine, with a small end mill, thats going to be about it. IF you have to hire someone with a mill, well that might be really cost prohibitive. A small file and a small drill bit and connect the dots as you said, would be easy enough. if youve got a 1/2 to kill.

Would one of those "zip tools" do this job? If the bits are suitable for metal and can be controlled it would seem like a solution.

I've done it 2 ways..."connecting the dots" and just drilling the first and last holes and then using a jeweler's saw to remove the metal in between......Fred

I just did mine, used a punch and then drilled the line of holes and filed it to make the slot. I looked at the second one and used my dremel and a cutoff wheel, the only way to go, and go slow take your time and it is easy to do if you don't hurry.

Back