• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Skychief Load Time line

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Let us know if you find something.

I've been reading into it all more. I'd want to add in a little tss for Turkey.. if I was cyl bore... I have choke though for turkey. Just because it's going to move faster than the other shot i think so I'd put that in front...

Like 4 lead 6 lead and some tss... if you can afford it... see if that 🔨 .. the shot might get away from itself a string of it... not ball... I just like the sound of the combo and string.

If I had the shot sizes I'd try that with skychief and without..

Tried this method and really no pattern change for me. I will try one more time after turkey season is over.

In general a combo with this stuff in a row... I'd hit them with the whole deck of shot see what that does lol 5678... 8765...

I guess we could look up the speed of each shot and then decide the order of cars 😕.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for anything around the house to try in replace... like a chewed up paper towel wad

But I think it has to fly... like a missile..

Chunk of potato..

Last edited:
Spin a wine cork in a drill to sand fit t.. make a bullet prototype

The weight matters. I think though. Would it weight enough

Easy enough to add weight into it

To much work..

Last edited:
Back