• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sky Chief Tin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love Sky Chief's load, the only problem is it can be a bit messy when loading from the pouch. I made up a small tin, that started out as a spice container from the craft store. I fire-blued it, put a little artwork on the lid to match a Trade shotgun I have and sealed it in a coat of Truoil gunstock finish. It h
skychief.jpg
skychief1.jpg
vines5.jpg
olds a small handful of wads and the olive oil lube without leaking all over my shot pouch.

I ended up putting the oils soaked wads in a prescription pill jar. The other jar was leaking oil. I also keep a rag in the bag, cause loading those wads gets messy.

Back