• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Silly little projects

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vradin

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My silly little ball block- pecan with an antler starter. Can't tell what the animal is supposed to be- I kept seeing "dog" in there, but the wood disagreed. :) oh- eye is brass pin thru black-dyed birch, and brass for the nose.
block2.jpg

Possibles bag- about 6" tall x 8" wide, 2-3" gusset. A little stiff, made of 7/8oz tooling leather. Sort of looks mostly nice, but I'm not real fond of it for some reason. No metal at all on the bag- straps, front/back, antler on flap are all laced.
Pbag1a.jpg

vic

I have a bag that looks almost like that that i use for my shotgun, but i don't have any of them Purple patches you have in that fancy ball block. ::

Vic, how did you finish the edge of the strap and flap?
Nothing fancy- Fiebings black dye applied with a bit of sponge, rub off with some cotton rags. I didn't want a burnished edge look, but did want some 'transitional' appearance for the flap.
vic

could be some doe of the deer or elk family....or a cow.................bob

Lake Champlain? Is there a myth going around about something so close to home? What do you know about that lake that I haven't heard?

Plesiosaur? First thing that came to my twisted mind. Does your personna take you near Loch Ness or Lake Champlain?

The more I look at it, the more I think it might be that lake critter I saw when I was fishing out on Deep Pond (Long Island) in my younger years :D Either that or the gawd-awfullest looking dog I've never seen.

Here's a better look...
block4.jpg

Yeah, I think I like the plesiosaur best. Yup, that's what it is. A plesiosaur. Planned it that way all along, I did. That's my new story and I'm sticking to it, thanks Stumpy.

vic

My yote hat, A western hat don't keep your ears warm when there's snow on the ground,, I like ridin when the wind is a blowin, the rain just turned to sleet and there's 2 foot of snow on the ground..
I like ridin in weather that would make a wolf commit suicide,, yep,,, youbetcha,,,
yotehat.jpg

Poster: hobbles
Subject: Re: Silly little projects

My yote hat, A western hat don't keep your ears warm when there's snow on the ground,, I like ridin when the wind is a blowin, the rain just turned to sleet and there's 2 foot of snow on the ground..
I like ridin in weather that would make a wolf commit suicide,, yep,,, youbetcha,,,

Looks like that yote is winking at something ! :crackup: :crackup:

Back