• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sighted the Leman in today!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southarkrob

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally got to shoot the Leman Trade rifle from TOW that I had built. All I can say is if that 8pt that gave me the slip twice last week at my stand when i had my bow shows up this coming Sat...he might be in trouble! My Leman shot good but WAAAY Low...like 18" low at 45 yds... a little file work and it is hitting dead center and about 1" high at the same distance. I can hit a 4" circle with it at 70yds (bout the max distance of most of my stands). I am stoked as I havent shot an open sited muzzleloader in almost 16 years. Really looking forward to next weekend. Just thought I would share. Robbie

This gun shoots a whole lot better than I do.... I cant wait to get to know her a little better... :)

I bet it did take a "little bit" of filing to correct that 18 inch drop. Main thing is at least you got it dialed in for your deer hunt. Good luck with the 8pt. I hope he comes back for another visit.

It took ALOT of filing...and the sight was hard to see...my buddy that was helping me filed the front of the sight...that helped seeing it in low light alot easier. I am hoping that 8 pt makes a repeat appearance...I didnt go around my stand last weekend at all. I am shooting 95gr ffg, .530 RB with a .18 pillow ticking patch...my question is ...I have only killed 1 deer with a round ball..and that was 16 years ago (killed a bunch of deer with a inline ml). Where I am hunting is really thick...would you take a front should shot at 45 yds with my set up?? I try to break most of the deer down at this stand due to the fact that it really sucks if they run. Will a round ball break bone like a regular bullet?? Thanks Robbie

Back