• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shooting ranges in se wi

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugh beach

Pilgrim
Reaction score
THe bug has bitten again! I have a TC Hawken that has been leaning against the wall for 10 years that I have yet to shoot but finding a shooting range that isn't a 'club'is proving to be a real undertaking.Does anyone know of a shooting range in the general Milwaukee area where I can make smoke w/o shelling out serious money? Besides the CLUBS I have contacted cannot be bothered to reply. Thanks in advance for any imput. :hatsoff:

Howdy, I'm a Black Powder range officer at the Conservation Club of Kenosha County (CCKC). If you're coming from the north, take 94 south. Get off at 50, take 50 west. About 5 miles is 45. Take 45 south. About 1.5 miles is AH on the right, turn right. As you start going through a curve you should see a sign for CCKC Bristol ranges, Rifle, Pistol, Wildness ranges. Turn in there. If you go up the hill, and see the archery or shotgun ranges, you've gone too far. As you turn into the parking lot, there is a sign to your left and a dirt road. The dirt road leads back to the air rifle range, the skirmish field and the black powder range. Follow the road till it ends. Currently it cost $30 for non-members to shoot, $5 for members. To become a member it costs $190 the first year, $75 to renew. You can go back around 8:30 AM but shooting doesn't start until 9:00 AM. You can stay until around 3:00 PM or longer if the range officer on duty agrees to stay late. There are ranges of 25 yards, 50 yards and 50-130 yards available. You may see shotguns or .22 rimfires as well as flintlocks & caplocks on the line. Shooting is on Saturday & Sunday.

How far are you from Polo, Illinois, west of Rockford? Very flexible - you get a key card, and can come and go as you please, seven days a week. No need to wait for a range officer to show up (or not show up). Membership is more affordable, too. You pay your annual membership dues, then nothing additional to shoot. It's a member-owned club, not for profit. http://www.tcgc.net/

If that's too far away, try to find something comparable near Milwaukee.
Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Back