• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sharon Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denny/Oh

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else out there has a Sharon Hawken {or other Sharon Model}?

I've really got my money"s worth out of that thing. My wife paid about $180.00 for the parts {in 1970's dollars} for my Christmas present.

I've gone on to flinters, flint smoothbores and such but I really liked that gun. I get it out every now and again and put some rounds thru it. Don't carry it up the hills anymore though.

There were some barrels from Sharon floating around. Anyone know of any? I've considered a flint barrel and lock to interchange with the percussion setup. I believe L&R parts could be used.

I dont know this one, is it like a org Hawken, if so please post on the Hawken spot on here (should be down from this posting with 1700 something views) Ive seen the name come up on something like E bay but couldnt tell much from the pics. Fred :hatsoff: Or post a pic here and someone will know something to help)

I dont know this one, is it like a org Hawken? if so please post on the Hawken spot on here (should be down from this posting with 1700 something views) Ive seen the name come up on something like E bay but couldnt tell much from the pics,try to post a pic of it here, and someone will know something to help)is it like a org Hawken? if so please post on the Hawken spot on here (should be down from this posting with 1700 something views) Fred :hatsoff:

Hall Sharon made high quality barrels some years ago--in the 1970s and 1980s I believe. He also offered a full stock and half stock Hawken that was a pretty accurate copy of the real thing. He also offered an English fowler in 12 or 10 gauge, and a half stock trade rifle. Hope this of some help to you.

Thanks much, must of been why the name stuck to me. I hope he post's a pic on Hawken site then. Fred :hatsoff:

Le Grand said:
Fred, Could you tell an hombre how to find the Hawken site? Le Grand

I think Fred means the Hawken thread on this forum! :grin:
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/192804/tp/6/[/url]

Davy

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really been 3 sites we get to long and have to get shut down, the first and second ones I must of had a 100 E mails a week wanting to start a Hawken site, talk about any part of Hawken history but it's slowed down, a hand full of members arent on here anymore ect. Look back in perc for "Show your Hawken" but a lot of the pics have since been taken off. :( Fred :hatsoff:

Le Grand said:
Fred, Could you tell an hombre how to find the Hawken site? Le Grand
[url] http://www.thehawkenshop.com[/url]/

Sorry My Goof, Ithought he ment our 3 we ran on here the last few months, I cant help you with one or two because Im on AOL and it will only go back 30 days from today. Add to Dale's link Mr Hawken Don Stith at[url] www.donstith.com[/url] fred :hatsoff:

Yep, that's what I thought to Fred. Anyway, Don Stith has a large variety of styles of Hawken rifles and you can get anything from 1830's style Hawken to 1860's style Hawkens plus a couple of Hawken squirrel rifles to boot. Don's rifles are authentic in detail and are a lot more economical than The Hawken Shop out on the left coast. I recommend Don Stith's rifles if ya want a good Hawkens rifle gun. :thumbsup: And he's a good guy to do business with.

oldiemkr said:
Just wondering if anyone else out there has a Sharon Hawken {or other Sharon Model}?

There were some barrels from Sharon floating around. Anyone know of any? I've considered a flint barrel and lock to interchange with the percussion setup. I believe L&R parts could be used.

As I recall the history of the site, the barrel making set up was sold to several different makers. At first it was Green River and then Orion. I am trying to remember the barrel maker in Utah. You might try Rice and see what help they may be. The L&R lock might work. I think that the original Sharon lock might be a Cherry Corners lock and there are no parts for it. I recently broke the mainspring in my Cherry Corners lock and I was able to use a L&R spring with modifications to my lock plate.

Take a look at the full size pictures in the Track of the Wolf catalog and you may find a suitable lock. They helped me with the mainspring.

Thanks for all the reply's!!

I'm fairly sure Cherry corners had their own stuff. I believe they sold to Ithaca or maybe Browning.

I had a discussion with the folks at L&R a couple of years ago and they told me the Sharon rifle had their lock and some other parts. Sharon also made early barrels for TC or so the rumor goes.

I had forgotten the Hawken thread! I'll check it out.

If I'm not mistaken the barrels Sharon made for T/C were the .56 smooth Renegade barrels.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

I have a Sharon 20 guage barrel for a TC with a 15/16 barrel. It required modification to my wood TC stock so I bought a cheap rynite stock that I could butcher all I wanted. I also bought a TC percussion lock, tang trigger and trigger guard. It's a great little 5 lb gun to carry for dove hunting.

Musketman has PM how to / who I just havent had the time to get it set up yet I will do soon, Thanks Musketman :bow:! FRED :hatsoff: ( if Cherry corners is the one that made the Cherry Stick they are still around I thought about buying one till I saw the price on a basic model)

Sharon Hawken. :hmm:
Wasn't she the one that sit right behind Kermie Wallselley? You know, the one that kept wearing the frilly blouses with the string ties.

Well I remember the day I blew the spitball at the back of Kermie's head and Sharon moved her head to look across the room! Right in her right ear!! :shocked2:

At least it gave me a chanch to work on my wood carving on the arm of the chair outside the Principal's office. :grin: Those C scrolls and S scrolls sure were pretty by the time I finally graduated. :rotf:

Zonie, I bet ya had the whole chair carved up in Baroque and roccoco before ya graduated. :grin: Any inlays? I would be surprised if not. :rotf:

Back