• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sent a Barrel Out To B. Hoyt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a T/C barrel in .56 Smooth, I suspect that Bobby Hoyt will be able to bore it to .58 with any twist you want. I have not heard of him being willing to do a rifled bore larger than .58 with the T/C 1"ATF barrels. He has done some smooth bores of .60 and maybe larger, but i am not sure. Bobby did two barrels for me, a .50 caliber Browning Mountain Rifle barrel to .58 with a 1:66" gain twist, and a T/C Renegade .50 Flint lock to .58 with the same twist. Both are tack drivers if I do my part.

does he actually cut the rifling himself or does he install a liner? and what's the rough price he charges for boring and rifling a barrel?

I was looking at a lyman GPR flinter in .50, but I'd rather have a 54 or 58 in slow twist. I'm wondering if it would be very cost effective to do that and have him bore/rifle it or just get a replacement barrel from cabin creek (I think that's who has them).

does he actually cut the rifling himself or does he install a liner? and what's the rough price he charges for boring and rifling a barrel?

I was looking at a lyman GPR flinter in .50, but I'd rather have a 54 or 58 in slow twist. I'm wondering if it would be very cost effective to do that and have him bore/rifle it or just get a replacement barrel from cabin creek (I think that's who has them).

Why not just get the Great Plains in 54 caliber? Have what you want and save a chunk of money too.

Why not just get the Great Plains in 54 caliber? Have what you want and save a chunk of money too.

they are out of stock absolutely everywhere. It's crazy! The lyman GPR in flint and 54cal doesn't seem to be a very commonly available model anyway. At the moment, I'm trying to think of what I would enjoy having in the very near future, rather than waiting until.... 2023 or 2024 for the italian made stuff to be in stock again. I would just like to start shooting a ML sometime soon and figured maybe I'll build my dream rifle and that's the one that I'll be patient on.

What is the procedure for sending a barrel to Bobby Hoyt? Do I have to contact him first? How is the payment made? I have one, maybe two barrels to send out.
Thanks in advance for your information.

Mr Hoyt has done a lot of work for me. He's relined bores, opened up a .50 to a .54 and has even built me a .58 from scratch. Every barrel he's done for me is super accurate.

Latest posts

Back