• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ruger old army base pin quistion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george tennant

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just bought mid 70's stainless old army ruger.The base pin is straight till it gets to the bottem base pin screw notch ,from there to the end where the loading plunger hings on ,it is bent downward some .every thing works ,is alittle tight getting base pin in frame though.Did notice if base pin was straight loading plunger would be high enuff to not enter chamber .did not now if all roa base pins were bent like this ?or if some adjusted it for the plunger to fit?                                

Sir, my advice to you is to get another pin [actually the loading ram retainer as well]. You'll never get it as straight it needs to be, and they are pretty easy to get ahold of from Ruger - excellent service in my experience, and I'm based over here in UK.

As to why it is like that on yours, I can only imagine that somebody built like Big Foot tried to force it somehow.

tac

Back